Wednesday 15 April 2015

Alternate Ending - Freewrite Prompt

My fellow Americans,

It's all over. The D-Day attacks have failed. Hitler has won and all is lost. The swastika hangs above the White House, the flag blowing in the wind, triumphant and proud. The Axis powers are victorious, Japan controls the Pacific, and Germany is the dominant power in Europe with the Soviets and Italians at their back. Paris lies in smoking ruin, London has been reduced to rubble, and our own capital has fallen to a fascist regime. The West is no more.

But we must not lose hope. As long as the fires of freedom, and liberty are stoked, the Nazis will never fully gain a foothold on our shores. I will continue to fight them wherever I can, and I ask you, fellow Americans, to join me. Push the Germans out of Washington, and together, we will rebuild the world.

This is Franklin Roosevelt, signing off.




Intro to a potential alternate timeline WW2 story I want to write. Basically D-Day failed, Hitler never attacked Russia, and he went through with finishing off London in air raids.

No comments:

Post a Comment