Thursday 15 September 2016

Lack of Original Content in Hollywood

It's truly disheartening to see how movies are these days. While there are some who keep putting out original and excellent stuff, most films these days are reboots, and sequels. If I see the horrendous Ghostbusters reboot spawn a franchise, I give up. Nobody comes up with anything original anymore, not saying I'm any different, but come on, I could do better than some of these big time writers running around today. People who have no business being in the director's chair are planted firmly in it, and nobody can write a plot that makes any damn sense anymore. Unrealistic events and characters run rampant.

Point is, I feel there should be more original work being done, even if it's heavily inspired by something else. An original movie can be very similar to another one from the past, as long as the writers are competent and bring their own version of storytelling to it. I'm just tired of the ceaseless rebooting of movies from the 80's and 90's being done today.

Anyway that's my rant for the day. Have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you hit it real deep this time. These reboots are getting insane.

    ReplyDelete