Thursday 29 September 2016

We Need More WW2 Movies

               War movies, specifically World War 2 movies, have some of the best titles in history. Saving Private Ryan is on my ever changing "top ten movies of all time" list. My number one favourite movie of all time is Inglorious Basterds, which isn't necessarily a war movie, but a Second World War era film. The only memorable WW2 movie in recent years that I can think of is Fury, with Brad Pitt and Shia Labeouf. Fury was pretty good, if I remember correctly. Not too many in the last few years would be my point here.

               Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk is swiftly approaching, and Tom Hanks' Greyhound is apparently in development, we have great stuff to expect. Yet, I still feel there is a gross void of WW2 movies in today's market. So many stories could be utilized, and still others could be invented.

               If I ever make it in the industry, I fully plan on helping to make some truly great WW2 films.

No comments:

Post a Comment