Monday 12 May 2014

Daily Freewrite - Did You Hear the News

Ah what a beautiful day it was today. The sun was out and boy was it hot out. It was Saturday and I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. "Maybe I'll go for a jog, ride my bike, take the dog to the park, or even go visit some friends," I listed to myself. "Or.. I could do all four!" Life was great. As I sipped my coffee, I looked out at the elaborate estate I had built for myself. I owned everything I ever wanted, and I was successful. People knew who I was and wanted to be involved in my life. They loved me. Nothing could ever put an end to my endless happiness. I opened my door to leave and saw something that frightened me to no end. My friend, Edmund was running up to my house, sweat dripping from his brow, and still wearing his pajamas. "Edmund old fellow! What are you doing?" I inquired. "Pete! Pete! The world is ending." "Have you got your wits about you chap?!" I asked, concern in my voice. He ran up panting and continued babbling on about this supposed apocalypse. "Pete, haven't you heard? Turn on your TV, NOW!" I hurried inside and flipped the television on to see something quite disturbing. The news was displaying soldiers fighting in the Middle East. Only, the enemy they were fighting was not a group of terrorists, or insurgents, but a large creature whose sight split my spine and chilled my body. The havoc it was wreaking was unbearable to watch. Innocent bystanders being ripped apart, soldiers being thrown, even military vehicles being tossed over buildings as if they were nothing more than a child's doll. "Oh my god," I said. "Pete, what are we going to do?" Edmund asked. I turned to him to reply, but stopped short at the sound of something coming closer. It sounded like an animal of some kind. "OH NO," I thought. As suddenly as the sound came, my house was bulldozed by a very large organism. Killed instantly, house lost, assets fried. It really was the end of the world. I guess my happiness could be wrecked after all.


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment