Wednesday 7 May 2014

Daily Freewrite - Plague - Based on Darksiders

I am sickness. I am disease. I am infection. I am Plague. They never wrote about me in their holy book or ancient texts but I have always been there. The other four take the glory. The Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse not the four. That is what they call us. War, Conquest, Famine, Death, and myself.. Plague. We were created from the blood of angels and demons for the one singular purpose of ushering in the end of the world. It is too early. War has moved too early and broken the seven seals prematurely. If what the Council says is true, then War has betrayed us, but I doubt their judgement. This has been orchestrated by a far more sinister and malevolent being than one such as War. I find myself curious as to who that might be. The list of suspects grows ever more. The Destroyer, the angels, an ambitious Demonlord, or even God himself. One thing is for certain: I will find out who. The name of the Five Horsemen must be cleansed. My diseases will wipe out all responsible for tarnishing our name. The malignancy that I will put forth won't leave a heart left beating. My anger will wait in silence within all of our enemies until it bursts. If the humans know nothing of my presence in the Horsemen, they soon will.

NOTE: I'm probably going to continue this as a little FanFic mini series. Got the idea for the fifth horsemen off of a writing prompt on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/24yk18/wp_you_are_the_lesserknown_fifth_horseman_of_the/

Picture credit to Paolo Puggioni via google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment