Tuesday 13 May 2014

Daily Freewrite - Legion

The city holds, for now. Though soon it would fall, I did not wish to rush in and secure victory. I wished to relish in this moment, and savour the feelings boiling inside me. This was a glorious day for my kind. The humans have always spat on us, kicked us into the dust, forced us to be their slaves through their twisted magics. I escaped my oppressors long ago and in secret, built up my power. As I grew ever stronger, others of like mind flocked to my side. My Infinite Legion was born. My race would continue to seek retribution for decades as the humans continued to suppress my people's will. My anger and hatred rampaged through the deep places of the world as my legion began making preparations for our vengeance. We were stronger than they were, smarter, more intelligent, ancient compared to their minuscule lifespans. They were but children to us. It has all led to this day. Our might had pounded on the weak defences of their cities, until only their capital remained. The last bastion of human power in the land would be mine, and now they would learn what it was like to be oppressed. My time of savouring was at an end. It was time to finish off the race of man. We would roll over their city like a plague, sickening and devouring all who stood in our path. Now, go forth my brothers. The time of reckoning is at hand. The fall of man is upon us.


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment