Tuesday 29 April 2014

Daily Freewrite - The Lie

We just wanted to know what really happened. They always told us that becoming pregnant was a horrible thing to happen and we had to be purged of a horrible condition. I HAD to know what really happened for I had never believed those lies they told us. My mother had told me stories of the old days, before the Regime took over and changed everything forever. She said that I wasn't grown in a vat like all young humans, but rather birthed from my mother's womb. She said the the birth of a baby into the world was a beautiful thing, and that it was another thing that the Regime destroyed in their lust for power. The lie they told us all was that women becoming pregnant meant death unless treated. Years after my mother was killed by enforcers of the Regime, I was assigned a partner. He was good to me, as far as male partners went. We did our duties and took care of our hovel. We became quite close and so I made my unique proposal to him. I wanted to become pregnant and wait until the end to see if the regime was right and I would die, or they were wrong and
I would give birth to a baby. I eventually did become pregnant and did wait until the end. In secret, I gave birth and was forced to hide my baby boy from the enforcers. I failed. They took him from me, and now here I hang, awaiting my execution for treason. They killed my child and now they are going to kill me. It was all worth it. That brief amount of time that I had a child of my own was the most beautiful time I had experienced. The Regime has destroyed the race of man and whatever was considered good has been wiped off the face of existence. They deserve only the worst end. Someone has to do something, humanity must end them if happiness is to once again be enjoyed by all. My life is coming to an end, but hope must continue if the Regime is to be destroyed and humanity is to live again. They're here...

No comments:

Post a Comment