Friday 18 April 2014

Daily Freewrite - Star Wars FanFic - The 501st Legion

We had just one mission. One mission given to us by Lord Vader himself. He sent us to our doom. Ever since Order 66 had been issued, the 501st had been shuttled around the galaxy at Vader's whim. The galaxy began referring to us as Vader's Fist, a name that I bore proudly. I served along Vader in the Clone Wars when he had been Anakin Skywalker, I had stood by his side in Operation: Knightfall where I personally killed dozens of Jedi, and I have survived some of the most brutal encounters under Vader's command. After all we had been through, him and my men, he left us out to die as if we were expendable droids. Our mandate was simple, capture a rogue Jedi who was hiding on Geonosis. I remember this planet well. This was where I got my first taste of war. My friends were slaughtered by separatist battle droids all around me and I could only press forward. Now, I led a squad of stormtroopers that was placed under my command and we were dropped on the ground with the rest of the troops. There were very few clones left in the Imperial Military let alone the 501st. My squad was mostly made up of green recruits from Coruscant who had never seen violence of any kind in their entire lives. Only me, and one other veteran from the Clone Wars were experienced soldiers. We rushed into the cave system where we believed the Jedi was hiding. Over 200 men rushed in to take him believing this to be just another routine Jedi hunt. Were we ever wrong. This Jedi was none other than the clone of Galen Marek, the old apprentice of Vader himself. We didn't stand a chance against the raw power at Marek's fingertips. He slaughtered our men by the droves. I now sit here clutching my chest, all 199 other troopers lay dead around me. Vader knew of this and he didn't tell us. Our onslaught left Marek weary and tired. There he stood about 15 meters from me, back to me. This was my chance. I drew my blaster, and aimed. All of a sudden, the weapon was forced from my hand in one swift motion. I spun around and so did Marek. There standing in the entrance to the cave was Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. He approached me and said "Your service will not be needed, Commander." He then moved towards the tired Clone of his old apprentice. The clone charged Vader but, as if effortlessly, The Sith lifted Galen into the air and began to choke the life out of him. "I have searched for a long time, and now I finally have you once again, my young apprentice." In a last ditch effort to escape, Marek released a wave of force energy that knocked Vader to his knees and knocked me out. I awoke and saw no sign of the clone nor Vader. I was alone, lying amongst the bodies of the dead 501st legion. My final minutes are now passing. Vader betrayed us.. betrayed me.


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment