Monday 3 March 2014

Daily Free Write - March 3, 2014

Another days work. Another day of "saving lives." This is what I told myself every day when I came home at 8:00. Life as a censorist was a life of guilt and regret. A censorist was a position only given to certain people. The Charred Council sent it's lackeys out onto the streets of New London every day looking for specific types of people. People that had a keen eye. People who had street smarts. People who could take care of themselves if things got ugly. People like me. My name is George Ronald and I am a censorist operating in the Mantis District. When the council brought me in, they ordered me to do something that would be considered morally wrong: Spy on people and report all of their "wrongdoings" to the Charred Council. This was the job of the censorist. A censorist was essentially a glorified snitch but hey, it got me off the streets, allowed me to purchase a home, and it pays the bills and puts food on the table. Was it all worth it though? My family disowned me, and my friends and peers shunned me. All I have is my job and my house. This would be the day that I snapped. I grabbed my weapon out from it's holster and examined it. This would be the weapon that would put a swift end to this civilization. Through my eyes, the world would see freedom again and we would elect a government for the people like the days of old. I am going to kill the Charred Council...


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment