Tuesday 11 March 2014

Daily Freewrite - Family Fun - March 11, 2014

"Billy! Jan! It's time for dinner!" "Oh boy!" I thought. I remembered that mom had prepared some of the meat from dad's store and I was looking oh so forward to it. I dashed down the stairs to the dining room to meet my family. "Say grace, boy," my dad said. He was a rough man, but not unkind. I quickly mumbled some rites, eager to dig in to the succulent meal my mother prepared. We ate in silence for close to three minutes. The silence was broken by mother. "It's family game night, what are we going to play tonight?" "Let's play Monopoly!" I yelped. "Now now, Billy, you had your turn last week, it's Jan's turn today." "Aaawwwww," I groaned. "I want to play Operation!" My little sister exclaimed. That could be fun. "Alright, sweetie, you go get the board and we'll go to the living room. Jan left and came back five minutes later dragging the board behind her. I grabbed the tools from the cabinet and we began. Jan went first and successfully removed the kidneys. I wasn't going to let her win so easily. I removed the brain. Our entire family won the game of Operation like we always did. Nobody loses in this house because we're so good at it. I went to sleep shortly after we'd finished. "That was so much fun," I thought.

I awoke the next morning and flipped the tv on.


***BREAKING NEWS***

A man was reported missing yesterday afternoon and we've just received word that blood has been found inside his ransacked apartment. The blood trailed across the floor to his main window. It's a complete mystery as to what happened there and the location of the man is still a mystery. We will let you know when further details are aquired.

I turned the tv off. That was no man, it was an Operation board. "Silly reporters," I said with a giggle. Dad was at work today, maybe he'd buy us another Operation board.


CM

No comments:

Post a Comment