Saturday 15 March 2014

Daily Freewrite - Forgotten Overnight - March 15, 2014

Just another normal day. I awoke to birds singing, and the sun shining through my window. It was a beautiful day and I had a good feeling about school today. Well better get ready. I had a shower, got dressed and made my way downstairs for breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and said "Good morning, mom," and what happened next was completely unprecedented. My mom shrieked and grabbed a knife. "Who are you?!" she screamed. "What are you doing in my house?! Bill, get down here! There's a strange kid in our house." My dad angrily ran down the stairs. "What the hell is going on?! It's me! Jason! Your son!" "We don't have a son!" my mother shot back. My dad arrived with his gun pointed at my face and told me to get out or he'd shoot. Terribly confused, I ran outside. This was insane and I didn't know what to do now. The only thing I could think of doing was going to my friend Gale's house. I sprinted down my street to his house and when I got there he was just leaving for school. "Gale!" I yelled, out of breath. "Excuse me?" he said. "Gale, when I woke up, my family acted as if they didn't know me and I don't know what to do." That's great, buddy, but I have no idea who you are and you're kinda freaking me out, so beat it." I was in shock. It was as if I had never existed. I had absolutely no idea what to do. I turned around and walked back down the street to see if anyone, anyone at all, knew who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment