Thursday 13 March 2014

Daily Freewrite - The Federation Part 2 - March 13, 2014

They were coming for me, it was just a matter of time. They would find me, and either blast me on sight or take me prisoner for some abominable torture. I could not help but feel anger rising up inside me. Eldarin were trained to bear no emotion and yet, there it was. Millions of my kin were dying at the hands of these traitorous humans and I had a part in their invitation to our glorious federation in the first place. I, Highlord Verus was one of the many Eldarin who wished for them to join us believing that they possessed much for us in return. The other races were hesitant but we overpowered them and thus, the humans were inducted into the Eldarin Federation. We should have listened. We should have known the danger that was lurking in humanity. In all our supposed wisdom, we were blinded by ignorance. The very ambition and drive that we admired in mankind is what is leading to the fall of our civilization. My decisions were not grounded in wisdom and therefore unwise. The burden of my entire race's survival now rests on my shoulders, and I can do nothing. All there is to be done now is wait patiently for them to come for me. Wait out this genocide. Wait out this slaughter. Wait out the death of the Eldarin...


CM


No comments:

Post a Comment